We are now fully operational at our Head Office and factory in Leeds following a period of shutdown having implemented all safety measures and government guidance to enable us to do so.
Please call us on 0113 279 5854 or email email@example.com with any enquiries for materials and/or installation you have – we are here to help.
Should you wish to place an order then simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and our internal sales team will do the rest.
May we take this opportunity to pay tribute to all key workers who have helped and continue to help keep us safe and keep the country running through this unprecedented crisis. Thank You.Close Popup
Cast Iron Guttering Installation Instructions
Cast Iron Gutters
- Fix cast iron gutter brackets at 600mm centres to give correct line and level. Use appropriate length stainless steel screw.
- Place gutter in position and ensure correct sit into brackets.
- Ensure all joint areas are clean, dry, dust and grease free prior to applying silicone sealant.
- Apply 2 no. 6mm beads of low modulas silicone to joint and around bolt hole.
- Insert 25 x 5mm stainless fixing bolts from the underside of the gutter. Do not over tighten.
- Remove any surplus sealant from faces of gutter.
- Gutter may be cut using a tungsten tipped hacksaw or powered disc cutter.
- Ensure any cut ends are painted.
- Products supplied in a grey transit coat only.
- All pipes, gutters and accessories should be inspected for any sign of rust and cleaned using a wire brush.
- A primer coat should then be applied, followed by two coats of undercoat and one coat of gloss.
- For coastal areas, please consult your paint stockist for appropriate specification.