Cast Iron Guttering Installation Instructions
Cast Iron Gutters
- Fix cast iron gutter brackets at 600mm centres to give correct line and level. Use appropriate length stainless steel screw.
- Place gutter in position and ensure correct sit into brackets.
- Ensure all joint areas are clean, dry, dust and grease free prior to applying silicone sealant.
- Apply 2 no. 6mm beads of low modulas silicone to joint and around bolt hole.
- Insert 25 x 5mm stainless fixing bolts from the underside of the gutter. Do not over tighten.
- Remove any surplus sealant from faces of gutter.
- Gutter may be cut using a tungsten tipped hacksaw or powered disc cutter.
- Ensure any cut ends are painted.
- Products supplied in a grey transit coat only.
- All pipes, gutters and accessories should be inspected for any sign of rust and cleaned using a wire brush.
- A primer coat should then be applied, followed by two coats of undercoat and one coat of gloss.
- For coastal areas, please consult your paint stockist for appropriate specification.
[bs_button size=”lg” type=”success” value=”Download Installation Guide” href=”https://www.rainguard.co.uk/app/uploads/2016/06/Rainguard-Cast-Iron-Instructions.pdf”]