We are now fully operational at our Head Office and factory in Leeds following a period of shutdown having implemented all safety measures and government guidance to enable us to do so.
Please call us on 0113 279 5854 or email email@example.com with any enquiries for materials and/or installation you have – we are here to help.
Should you wish to place an order then simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and our internal sales team will do the rest.
May we take this opportunity to pay tribute to all key workers who have helped and continue to help keep us safe and keep the country running through this unprecedented crisis. Thank You.Close Popup
Linton on Wharfe Memorial Hall
The Linton on Wharfe Memorial Hall was originally founded in 1949 from money raised by the villagers themselves, inspired by war time fundraising events. The building of the hall however was delayed due to the post war restrictions on timber and other building materials and didn’t see its first official function until 2nd June 1953 for the Queen’s coronation.
The hall houses a poignant memorial, hence its name, to the seven men from Linton village who lost their lives in WWII.
Over the many years since war time the agricultural nature of the village has changed though the villager’s legacy has become, just as they envisaged, the very hub of village life, with the hall opening its doors to a myriad of uses, such as pre-school, exercise classes, society meetings and village gatherings.
To continue to maintain this important building, the LMH Trustees again sought to find funding to carry out extensive updating, including work to the exterior of the building.
Successful grant applications were made to Wren Landfill Communities Fund, Collingham with Linton Parish Council and other bodies who together along with private donations and village fundraising enabled the improvement work to proceed.
As part of the exterior facelift, a new rainwater system was required and subsequently bought from Yeoman Rainguard, who have been supplying and manufacturing rainwater systems in aluminium, GRP, cast iron and copper in Leeds for over 40 years.
“We chose an XL Aluminium system from Rainguard so as to be in keeping with the traditional character of the building. We were fortunate to be able to source high quality products from a local company in Yeoman Rainguard who provided excellent design, specification and support through to the installation.” Commented Stephen Ballantyne, Trustee.
To handle the water flow from the hall’s roof, a deep flow XL Aluminium gutter was selected in a half round 130 x 100mm profile. The greater capacity of the gutter will ensure there will be no overflow of water from the gutter through even the heaviest of rainfalls. 75mm dia rainwater downpipes were added to complete the efficient system.
Finished in a black textured polyester coating not only ensures that the rainwater system looks the part, but being a tough and durable material will also ensure that the villagers of Linton will not need to maintain or replace the system for many years, helping safe guard the building and it’s legacy for generations to come.
For more information on Yeoman Rainguards range of attractive and durable rainwater systems please go to www.rainguard.co.uk or call 0113 279 5854.